Saturday, January 9, 2010


January 8, 2010

Calvin is one year old!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALVIN!

I can't believe it's been a whole year since this little guy surprised us a whole month early. It could just as easily be yesterday for how well I remember the day. Days. I was in the hospital for 24 hours before he was born...but that's beside the point.

We are so blessed to have him-he's such a joy. After a long busy day today, he made it through dinner, cake, opening presents, still had a bath and then Papa fed him his bottle, and I took him to his room. I turned off the lights and turned on his music, and then I got a neck hug with both arms until I felt him start to relax a little. Sometimes he leans into the crib and I put him in, put the blanket on him, and he snuggles in. Sometimes I hold him for just a while longer. :) It won't always be like this. But the current "this" is VERY VERY good.

No comments:

Post a Comment