Thursday, January 14, 2010


13 January 2010

Miss Maisie Daisy.

Is there any such thing as a "normal" picture of 4 1/2 year old? She always has to pose or act silly, make a funny face....I guess the pictures are true to life, because she really does always act that way!

We are going through a MONSTERS phase with Maisie. It's really testing our patience, she asks for accompaniment every time she needs to go down the hall to her room or her bathroom. She has a bottle of monster repellent spray, Greg put up blue LCD Christmas lights in her room (monster repellent lights) and she has a night light. Her sweet preschool teacher has incorporated a lesson into school for us-Jesus always watches over you-"and he would never allow monsters into our homes to harm us" is the specific part that I added. Maisie told me to be quiet, she didn't want to hear it. Sheesh. I read an article online about children and their fear of monsters-Greg and I did just about every wrong thing! So we are learning. But I felt really bad when I realized that Maisie is afraid of monsters in her room and I'm afraid of monsters on the OUTSIDE. Our not-so-friendly neighborhood marauders are back in action on Road 11, and frankly, I spend the better part of the morning with one eyeball glued to my driveway to make sure I don't have to pull a Mama Bear on someone's butt. It's kind of exhausting.

Hopefully this will be a really quick phase for the Maise, and we'll be over monsters soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment