Saturday, April 24, 2010


22 April 2010

My little Maisie girl has turned 5! I think she was staring intently at her cake...maybe the candles in this shot. She was exhausted...always gets worn out after a day of school and then running around like mad at Papa and Gogo's house!

Greg and I were discussing how quickly Maisie's 5 years have flown by--seems that we were just in the hospital having her. Her nicknames have evolved, I like to write them down every now and then to see where they've gotten to...

I started her off with:
Pumpkin Pie. (Mom thought she was too teeny to be a whole pie, thought maybe more like a pie slice, hee! That didn't stick, though.)
Punkin.
Punkin Pie.
Pie.
Pie Girl.
Maiserella.
Maisie Daisy.
Maisie Girl.
Maisinator.
Maisaruru.
McGirlacutti.
Maisie McGirlacutti.

We had a birthday party at our house today, it was fun! Had a few friends from school and the family. We found a bounce house to play in, the kids (and adults!) loved it, and I think everyone is sufficiently worn out! (pictures to follow)

I cannot believe Maisie starts kindergarten next fall. Talk about terrifying. I cannot believe it. We've registered, and this week we have orientation. Oh MY. Preschool has been wonderful and fun, but I'm having a hard time believing it's time to send my little girl to BIG GIRL SCHOOL! (and every week she asks if it's time to go to big girl school yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment